Singapore visa allows travelers to visit Singapore for different purposes like tourism, business conference, meeting friends or family. Like many other Nationals, Indians are required to apply for a Singapore visa in advance as visa on arrival facility is not available for Indians Passport Holders.
Singapore is one of the most visited places by Indian Nationals and most of the travelers hire visa consultants to make a Singapore visa application.
I am unveiling a complete list of step by step guidelines for Singapore visa application requirements for Indian Citizens. If you are planning a holiday trip to Singapore as a solo traveler or with your loved ones, just go through this guide and apply for a Singapore tourist visa from India by yourself without any hassle.
Singapore Visa Application Guidelines
Difference Between Singapore Tourist Visa and Business Visa
Singapore tourist visa allows you to visit Singapore for tourism, holidays, or private stay. It doesn’t entitle you to work in any official capacity or at any private business as it is illegal according to the tourist visa norms.
On the other hand, the Singapore business visa lets you participate in professional activities like seminars, business meetings, conferences or other business activities in Singapore.
While being in Singapore you need to follow the rules & regulations as per the category of the visa you own.
Difference Between Singapore Single Entry and Multiple Entry Visa
A single-entry visa lets you visit Singapore only once. When you leave the country, you cannot revisit the country with the same visa. If you require to visit the country again, you need to secure a new Singapore visa.
Singapore multiple entry visa permits you to visit the country multiple times within the period of validity of the visa.
How many days it will take to get A Singapore tourist visa?
Generally, the Singapore visa application process takes 3 to 5 working days after the submission of documents to the Singapore High Commission, but sometimes it may take more days depending on the information submitted and the satisfaction of the visa officer.
Singapore High Commission doesn’t offer VOA for Indian Citizens. You need to apply for a Singapore visa in advance if you wish to visit Singapore.
Singapore E-Visa for Indians
Singapore offers a sticker visa as well as E-Visa for Indian Citizens. You can apply Singapore visa online, pay visa fees and get a confirmation email. While applying for Singapore E-Visa, there is no need to visit the application center or Authorized Visa Agent. In case, you are asked for a visa interview by the Singapore Embassy, you will have to attend the interview at the scheduled time.
Validity of Singapore Visa
Singapore High Commission permits the visa with different duration depending on the purpose of travel and profile of the applicant. Singapore tourist visa holder is not allowed to stay more than 30 days in each entry. Overstay in Singapore may lead to a penalty or prosecution in court.
Singapore Visa Interview by the Embassy
In some cases, the Singapore Embassy schedules an interview to verify the information provided in the visa application form. There is no need to be nervous in the interview as they ask you the basic information regarding your personal and professional profile. They also verify your purpose of travel and whether you are intending to return to your origin country or not.
Be honest while filling the application as well as in the interview. Providing fake information can result in Singapore visa refusal or ban for a specified period.
Is it easy to get Singapore Visa from India?
Singapore visa approval solely depends on your profile. It’s not difficult to get a visa if you meet the requirements of the Singapore visa application. The embassy officer analyzes your genuineness and the intention of getting a visa. If he/she finds everything okay then the visa is approved. On the other hand, if you are unable to convince the visa officer with the information you provided, your visa can be refused.
To secure a Singapore visa, you need to provide the information carefully. You can go through the Singapore visa application checklist given in this blog post and apply for a Singapore visa.
How Indian Citizens Can Apply for Singapore Visa?
I am proving a step-by-step guide for Singapore Visa Application Process. You can go through the guidelines and apply for Singapore visa easily:
- Be sure whether you want to apply for a Singapore tourist visa or Singapore business visa as the requirement of documents depends on the purpose of travel.
- Collect the required documents mentioned in the Singapore visa application checklist.
Complete and sign the Singapore visa application form. You can download Form 14A right from here.
- Find the Authorized Visa Agent for Singapore visa application. Download Authorized Visa Agent list and choose the nearest one.
Note: There is no Singapore visa application center in India hence you cannot submit your application by yourself. Singapore High Commission has authorized some agents for Singapore visa applications in India.
- Handover your documents to the Authorized Agent.
- Then the Visa Agent needs to submit documents to the High Commission online.
- The High Commission processes the visa application and gives the result of the visa application.
Singapore visa requirements for Indian citizens
Singapore Tourist Visa Application Checklist
- A valid passport (travel document) with at least six months’ validity from the intended date of entry into Singapore. The passport should have at least 2 blank pages.
- Duly completed and signed Singapore visa application form (Form 14A).
- Two latest (not older than 3 months) passport-sized photographs having dimensions 35 mm x 45 mm with 80% face closure and white plain background. The photographs should be borderless and be clicked with neutral expression.
- A covering letter stating the purpose of travel to Singapore, personal & professional summary, and details of funds available for the trip. If the tour is sponsored, the letter should contain the details of the sponsor person or company.
Proof of Travel and Accommodation
- Confirmed round air ticket.
- Confirmed accommodation for the period of your stay in Singapore.
Proof of Funds
- Original copy of bank statement for the last 6 months duly stamped and signed by the authorized bank official.
- Copy of Fixed Deposit (if any) and other proof of income or possessions.
Proof of Employment
- If employed: NOC from the company, company ID card and payslips for the last 3 months.
- If self-employed: Company registration certificate or Certificate of Incorporation and covering letter on the letterhead of the company.
Proof of Taxation
- ITRs or form 16 for the last 3 years.
- 3 GSTRs (if self-employed).
Copy of passports of parents or guardians. In case, the minor applicant is traveling with one parent, there is a need for written consent from another parent. If the minor is traveling alone or with the relative or friend, the written consent of both parents or guardians is required.
Singapore Business Visa Application Checklist
If you are intending to apply for Singapore Business Visa, you need to collect all the documents mentioned in the tourist visa requirements and the additional documents as follows:
- An invitation letter from the Singaporean company.
- A covering letter by the Indian company stating your purpose of travel to Singapore and other important information.
Singapore visa fees for Indian National
- Singapore Visa Application Fees S$30
- Service Charges Rs. 300
Note: Getting Singapore visa approval doesn’t guarantee entry into Singapore. Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers decide whether you are eligible for entry into the destination country or not. You must meet the entry requirements to get entry approval.